TestMagic News

How to improve your vocabulary! Must read!

How to improve your vocabulary! Must read!

by Erin Billy -
Number of replies: 0
Hi, everybody. I've written a guide on how you can improve your vocabulary. Vocab is easily one of the most important things you can do to help yourself in school and on tests, such as the SAT.

The whole article is here: How to improve your vocabulary

Here is the beginning of the article:
I’ve been a teacher now for just about two decades, and one of the most commonly-asked questions is How can I learn more vocabulary words? I hear various comments over and over: I can’t remember the words I learn, I don’t know a lot of the hard vocabulary words that I see in my reading, I don’t know most of “the SAT vocabulary words”, and on and on and on. So, how to build your vocab? I’ll have to be honest–it’s not easy, nor is it quick. But it’s entirely doable. And for those of you in a hurry, here’s the simple solution: Read a lot. Use a dictionary. Look up words. Be inquisitive. Think about what you’re doing. Take notes. Write lots of things down. Understand that knowledge is acquired in a myriad of ways, and as a learner, you should try to acquire new knowledge using a good number of different methods. There is a place for memorization, of course, but generally, it’s best to learn in context, while you’re doing something, reading something, or learning something. Read the rest of how to learn more vocab